Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The Next Challenge

While Justin and I think it is absolutely adorable that Lucy is such a cuddle bug that she will only nap either on our chests or in our arms, I have a feeling that the day care workers will not think it's quite as cute. I can't imagine they will react in a "good" way when I tell them they need to spend their entire day with a Baby Bjorn strapped to their chests. Alas, our next challenge.

This week I am trying to train Lucy to nap in her crib. It's day two and the experiment is thus far an utter failure. (She is sleeping in her Baby Bjorn as I type this). Yesterday she was the gassiest baby on the planet and wouldn't sleep anywhere, let alone in her crib. Combine her incessant crying with the fact that I'd been up since 3:30 pm and you get a husband that left work early to care for his wife and child. Such a good man.

Now, day two I'm so afraid of a yesterday repeat that for her two naps so far I've given the experiment about 10 minutes to work. Funny that it's not working. I suppose this week (and likely next week, but hopefully not the week after that) Lucy will be training me just as much as I'm training her. Pray for us both.

No comments: