Monday, August 3, 2009

Day One of Daycare

Well, we made it through the first day of daycare. For me, the anticipation was much worse than the reality. Only a few tears on the way to work. But, I'm not convinced that it wasn't just because I cried myself dry Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

For those of you who don't know, we're sending Lucy to an at-home daycare. Miss Sandra and Miss Barbara will be caring for our little bundle. Miss Sandra is the mother of a friend of a friend....so I know she's not totally crazy. In December, there will be 8 kids from 2 months to 5 years old. Three of them will be infants. Lucy is the oldest infant and will be the only infant until September, which is great because it will give her time to acclimate to everything while still getting a lot of individual attention.

Today, Justin and I both dropped her off at 7:30 a.m. I managed to make it until noon before calling to see how she was doing. According to Miss Barbara, she'd already eaten twice and was in the process of taking her second nap. I find the first part easy to believe. I find the second part impossible to believe. But, as Justin said....if they want to lie to me today, that's okay.

I picked her up at 5:00 p.m. When I got there, everyone was on the back porch for story time. As I walked up and said hello, Lucy cried. Miss Barbara said that was the first time she'd fussed. (Ya right!) When I picked her up, she stopped crying. That melted my heart.

I think the whole experience was a bit exciting/overwhelming for Lucy. She was a tad worked up this evening, but eventually calmed down and went to bed at 8:00 p.m. Hopefully she sleeps through the night!!

No comments: