Justin has the flu. We aren't positive its H1N1, but all of the symptoms fit. There is no reason to get tested since the treatment is the same as for the seasonal flu...rest, Advil, fluids, etc. Plus, by the time he gets the results back, he'll be better (hopefully).
What does this mean for him? Quarantine. Justin has been relegated to the third bedroom (a.k.a. Never-Neverland). He has a bathroom back there along with a radio. He is only aloud to come out if he is wearing a surgical mask and then he has to Oust everything he touches. Good thing he hasn't had much of a desire to get out of bed. The poor guy has been leveled. This will be his third day off work. (For those of you who saw him this weekend, never fear, he didn't get sick until Sunday night. Who knows where he got it from. Probably from the L ride home Saturday night.)
What does this mean for the rest of the Burtnetts? Well...Lucy is fatherless. When they're in the same room, they are on opposite sides of the room. I'm sure she's a bit confused because she can hear his voice, but he doesn't look recognizable with the mask on. All either of them want to do is cuddle. Unfortunately that can't happen until next week. Ugh.
I am also now a single mother. These last few days have made me realize just how much Justin and I share parenting and how difficult and exhausting it must be not to have another person to help. Add the fact that Lucy is a little under the weather too (just a cough) and isn't sleeping...which means I'm not sleeping...and you have a recipe for the bags under my eyes. I am so ready for the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment