Friday, October 10, 2008

Where it began. I cant begin to knowin.

So, despite the fact that I'm writing this in early to mid October, there's alot of stuff to catch all-ya-all up on.

First, let's talk about how baby's are made. When two people love eachother very much....oh. You guys know this? Oh. In fact most of you have kids? Oh, then I guess we can skip ahead.

So, as many of you know, we were expecting this to all take a while, we sort of figured, hey, we'll start the process, we'll start looking into fertility options once the new year hits, we'll start looking into adoption, etc. So, the process started, but with no real hope.

That being said, and being the responsible pre-parents we are, since we were going to the dentist, and because Jess was a little late, we figured, ok, sure, let's take a pregnancy test. So, on September 22, 2008, after polishing off our Taco Bell (all organic, all the time, that's us), we (ok, as an aside, I'll probably use the term "we" alot in this blog, I'm well well aware that I'm pulling right around .03% of the weight of this whole thing right now, but for some reason, pride still allows me to use the we....in other words, feel free to substitute in Jess at any point).

Anyway, as we sat there with How I Met Your Mother on the DVR paused and a Taco Bell napkin covering the pee stick, we pulled it back and were shocked by what we found. Sort of.

In a true "movie" moment, we couldn't figure out if the stick was showing two lines or not. I immediately said, yep, that's two lines, no question, oh my gosh. Jess wasn't quite as convinced. I then showed her the part of the test instructions that said "the second line might be faint, but if there is any second line, congratulations, you're about to have a bowling ball sized human in your lower ab region. Good luck with that." (or something along those lines). Needless to say, Jess did not believe it, which is when the internet came out. After doing some brief research, including a process of elimination, we discovered that Jess was either pregnant or had testicular cancer. We were both leaning towards the former.

In the next update.......the next couple of weeks.

No comments: