Monday, December 15, 2008

Almost Everyone Knows

Week 17....The cat is slowly getting let out of the bag. We told Justin's mom (Grandma Susan) the weekend before Thanksgiving, and my parents (Meema and Pop) and my brother Jim the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. Needless to say, the conversations over Thanksgiving weekend centered on babies babies and more babies. The reveals centered around the ultrasound pictures. If I was more techno-saavy I would upload the pictures to the blog so that everyone can see them. But hey, this is the first time I've ever blogged. Baby steps.....That's what Justin is for. Plus, we'll get much better pictures at the 20 week ultrasound on January 8th. By then maybe I'll have learned how to scan.

When I say that almost everyone knows, its because there are still several important people who (hopefully) have no idea. Namely, my brothers and their wives, Joe/Juli and John/Jenny. The plan is to show up at Christmas all pregnant and see if they notice. The Vegas odds have them thinking I'm just fat, but I'm hoping that the baby bump will be recognizable. We'll let you know how it turns out.

While Justin says I clearly look pregnant (and my pants agree), I think I just look like I need to go the gym. I swear strangers look at my stomach and judge me. I'm right at the middle point where my pre-pregnancy pants don't button but most maternity pants slip down and sag. The baby is apparently the size of an avacado at this point. So its no surprise that my pants don't fit. I will be very excited to finally look pregnant.

The good news is that I'm finally feeling like a normal person. I haven't thrown up since before Thanksgiving and have felt pretty good for about two weeks. This is supposed to be the "golden" part of pregnancy. I'm hoping that turns out to be true. The jury is still out. While I may not be puking, I'm also going to bed at 8:00 pm and get heartburn when I even just think about eating. That is only supposed to get worse. I think I should take out stock in Tums!

More later....Merry Christmas!

No comments: