Friday, December 19, 2008

December Doctor Visit

I went to the doctor on the 16th for my monthly check up. Everything is going great so far. I was rather nervous about this one because I've been feeling so good. At least when I felt like crap, I knew it was "a sign of a healthy pregnancy." (which btw, is a bunch of bull. They just feed that line to sick women to make them feel better because the lack of sickness is also the sign of a healthy pregnancy. I view it as the equivalent of saying rain on your wedding day is good luck. No its not. It sucks.) But now that I've been feeling good, but still can't feel the baby move, it was reassuring to hear the heartbeat.

For all those lawyers out there, you might get a kick out of how dorky I was at the appointment. Justin had a meeting and was unable to make it. And, since he hasn't heard the heartbeat since October, I had the bright idea of bringing along my dictaphone. Yep. I recorded my baby's heartbeat on a dictaphone. The same dictaphone I record horribly boring status letters and memos regarding workers' compensation. It ended up working out great though, and now I look at my dictaphone and think of Blueberry instead of work!

No comments: