Things are really starting to pick up the pace now. We've got less than 8 weeks until our little bundle of blueberry joy joins us (assuming I don't go early). Which means that we need to start really preparing....preparing the house and preparing for birth. YIKES!
At this point in time I am deathly terrified of the thought of giving birth. This is even more complicated by my fear of epidurals and my desire to have a natural birth. I'm not a big fan of pain. Couple that with the fact that I don't really know what I'm doing or what to expect, and you've got my constant state of anxiety. I'm an anxious person anyway, so this isn't helping.
I'm hoping that the birthing classes we start tomorrow night will help. The class is 8 weeks long. (for those of you mathematically challenged, yes, the last class is 5 days before my due date. We like to live on the edge). We are supposed to learn all about the labor and birth process, pain management techniques, breast feeding and infant care. I know I'm going to be so nervous that I'm going to need to take notes, otherwise I'll forget. Picture this....me in the hospital looking at my legal pad of notes trying to figure out what the hell to do to make the pain go away. Always the lawyer, I guess. Thank goodness Justin has a MUCH better memory than I do.
For those of you who want a little giggle.....one of the first things we do in the class is watch a series of videos on births in different cultures. Justin has never seen a birthing video, let alone a video of a woman giving birth in the Red Sea (yep, we'll get to see that. Can't wait!) This is going to blow his mind. He's already practiced covering his eyes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment