Friday, March 6, 2009

Wow I feel HUGE today...

This morning I put on a tight maternity shirt. (We're going out straight from work and I felt like looking relatively cute in public on a Friday night.) The shirt is only tight in that it actually clings to my belly at the bottom. Most of the one's I have are like tents....the baby doll style....empire waste and then material that just hangs down. They tend to hide the size of my belly. Well there's no hiding it in this one. After I put it on, I looked at myself for a long time in mirror. I literally look like I put a basketball under my shirt. It's hilarious. I look like I'm trying to be fake pregnant. If I can make my flighty pregnant brain remember, I'll have Justin take a picture of me tonight to post on the blog tomorrow. Its worth seeing.

Until about two weeks ago, I've been able to get by wearing some of my "regular" shirts by just putting cami's underneath them and going for the layered look. Alas, this has had to stop. I put on a sweater to wear to work two weeks ago and my stomach had gotten so big that the shirt stopped at my belly button. I was sporting more cami than sweater. Not a good look. So...I've packed up 90% of my "regular" shirts and put them into storage. It's all maternity all the time now!

A special and HUGE thank you to my friend Christine for sending me a box full of work appropriate maternity shirts just in the nick of time. She's saved me hundreds of dollars and an arrest from the fashion police. In fact, I've worn 2 of her shirts to work this week and have gotten a ton of complements on both of them. No one ever compliments my clothes. Apparently I should have Christine pick out everything I wear.

No comments: