

Justin's right...it was a truly amazing weekend. It all started with my parents driving in from Kansas City (9 hours, holy crap!) They pulled into downtown right at 5:00 pm to pick me up, the height of rush hour. Always good timing. Then we headed home to unload the plethora of items they brought with them....a book shelf....an ottoman....pictures....and tons of presents, including some items I used when I was a baby. All wonderful stuff that will be put to good use.
My sister-in-law Juli got into town from Denver around 7:30 pm and came straight to the house. She took her first solo-cab ride from the airport and survived!! My friends from high school got into town around 10:00 pm (Christine from KC and Sharon from Denver). It was a fun evening of food, stories (many about birth...Justin and my dad were very patient) and overall catching up. It was Christine's first weekend away from her 3 month old baby girl Shea.
Along those lines...special thanks to my brother Joe for being solo-dad of 4 kids for 24 hours so that Juli could make it. Same to Wellan for giving Christine the weekend off. Hugs and kisses all around.
The shower was at Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba (a tapas restaurant). I am so grateful to Theresa for hosting. The shower was thoughtful and the food was absolutely amazing. (I'm still dreaming about the french toast. Seriously. It was awesome.) It was such a treat to see women from many different areas of my life...family...high school...law school...work....Chicago... My only regret is not getting to talk to each one of them for longer. But, I will get to take the necklace they made for me to the hospital with me so that I will have their support when I need it most (i.e. when I'm in severe pain).
The rest of the weekend was just as wonderful. We had everyone over for pizza and the Final Four on Saturday night (Justin makes great pizza...thanks for the recipe Joe!) and then got to spend some time with Justin's mom and cousin at brunch on Sunday. My parents headed out bright and early Monday morning.
The weekend couldn't have gone better if I planned it. Now the real sh*t begins.....We're tackling the crib this weekend. Pray for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment