What an experience. It absolutely blows my mind the things they can see on an ultrasound. We got to see the parts of Blueberry's brain! Not to mention the chambers of the heart, the stomach, the kidneys, etc. It was really very cool.
The whole process lasted about an hour. It would have gone quicker, but Blueberry couldn't sit still. He/She was constantly twisting and turning and KICKING! It was amazing to see the baby kick on the screen and feel it. It brought everything to a whole new level of reality. There were several times we actually saw Blueberry wind up, bended knee and kick me full force. It was really funny now. I'm sure I'll be singing a different tune once he/she gets bigger and it starts to hurt.
The ultrasound tech was very cool. She explained all of the body parts to us through out the process and even made a video for us. (See below). Of course, once we pressed record for the video, Blueberry decided to take a nap. He/she didn't move once! If you watch the video you can see him/her shake a little in the middle. That was me shaking my stomach trying to way him/her up! I love it.
The best part of the whole experience was seeing the report afterwards which said a whole lot of "normal." Thank goodness. Wonderful news! Everything is developing as it should. Based upon his/her size, the doctor said he/she should weight between 6 1/2 - 7 lbs at birth and that I should easily go full term. In order to make things easier on myself mentally, I'm thinking June 1 is going to be the magical date, not May 25th. That way I won't be shocked when I'm late.
I'm considering myself very lucky at this time. I feel great. Blueberry is doing great. I can stay up past 8:30 pm and haven't felt sick in a long time (other than some vitamin problems. ugh.) In all, we're very lucky.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment