of the blog.
I mean really, weeks without a post, there's no excuse.
Well, I guess there's sort of an excuse. We're currently in the calm before the storm.
It's like back in my childhood when we'd be under a Tornado Watch and it would be Sunny and 85 outside. You couldn't really wrap your head around what exactly was coming. Sure, you'd see the radar and see the storms and "tornadic activity" (what a great phrase, I swear they invented it in the last 5 years) building in eastern Illinois, but why would you care.
Sure, my mom would start cleaning out the closets (we were not blessed with a basement, so it was either the closet or the bathtub), making sure the transistor radio had batteries and generally getting ready, but it was sunny out, so in your mind you still couldn't grasp that it was going to be there any time soon. Then, right around dinner time, Bam!, it would be midnight outside and the storm was upon you.
So drawing the not-at-all-extenuated analogy here, I guess that the pregnancy test would be the "baby warning", the ultrasound the radar (oh Doppler, what can't you do....), and the cleaning out of the closets...well, cleaning out of the closets. Except at the end, we get a gift instead of tornadic activity. Seems like a good deal.
Anyway, that's been our life lately, Goodwill runs, cleaning out closets and sun porches and general getting ready for our little tornado.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment