Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It will begin this weekend.....

Now that the great baseball cards/picture purge is complete and the storage closets are in order, it's time for us to move on to our February task....registering. YIKES! I am not looking forward to the process. Being naive, I previously thought that baby registering would be like wedding registering. You get to pick out fun, completely unnecessary things . Wow was I wrong. From what I can tell (and from what I've heard), baby registering is anything but fun. I've heard several stories of mom-to-be's crying and hyperventilating in Babies-R-Us. A few even had to leave (one of them in a wheelchair). This does not sound like the ideal way to spend a Saturday.
In order to minimize the trauma, and being the anal retentive one in the relationship, I've already got a list started. Lists calm me down. Make me feel more prepared. Basically they're an outlet for my nervous energy. I've asked advice from several moms, been given copies of their "lists" (which will prove to be invaluable I'm sure) and bought a book. I am ready to dive in! Hopefully I will be able to make it through without too much trauma or drama. Poor Justin gets to spend his evenings this week refining "The List". I don't think he has any idea what he's getting himself into.

We'll let you know how it all turns out.

p.s. I think we might be insane, but our plan right now is to go to IKEA after Babies-R-Us. If I don't make it back, I loved you all!

No comments: