We've given up trying to get her to sleep without us. She's gotten a bit better, so our efforts are not entirely for naught. At night she now sleeps next to me, instead of on me. But she's somehow learned how to wiggle her way over to me in the middle of the night to snuggle. She can't exactly roll over, but she can throw her head around which is enough to get her into the divot in the bed and she kind of falls/rolls next to me. I can't lie. I like it. We spoon. We'll tackle this "problem" later.
She's taken a few naps by herself in our bed (not her own) and she can sleep in the swing like a champ. (Thanks Wayne and Kristin!!!) As long as I can either get her to sleep or almost to sleep I can get at least 15 minutes of free time. Sometimes even 45 minutes. (That's only happened twice though). Everyone is happy with this development because it means that I can shower and eat.
On to the new challenge. Bottle feeding....
All of the books say that parents should wait until breast feeding is "established" to introduce a bottle. But what exactly does "established" mean? 1 week? 2 weeks?....for us, it meant 4 weeks of breast feeding and 5 weeks of life. Let's just say I think we waited too long. Lucy HATES it.
The books also say that someone other than the mom should give the baby the bottle because if she can smell the mom (seriously, smell) or hear the mom, then the baby won't take the bottle because she knows the breast is close. This has meant that I have been relegated to the other room and/or the shower and/or the grocery store when Justin struggles with Lucy. Its been hard on all three of us. Lucy doesn't understand what's going on, so she cries, which kills Justin and I. Justin feels like he's torturing her and I feel horrible because I know I can stop the cries by just feeding her. Hopefully things will get better. Keep your fingers crossed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment