We got a smile this morning. A real, honest to god, not the result of gas, smile. It was the most adorable thing I've ever seen. It (almost) made up for the nightmare she's been the last two nights. I can't wait to see more.
The funny part of the experience is when the smile occurred. We're heading to Indy this weekend. And, as the dad, it is Justin's duty to take out the duty (i.e. dirty diapers). Since we'll be gone the whole weekend, I asked Justin to take out the diapers this morning so they won't sit and be even nastier by Sunday. When I asked this, I was holding Lucy and sort of mocking Justin. I might have said something in a sing-song voice like "ha ha, your daddy has to take out the dirty diapers." In response, Justin peeked his head over my shoulder and responded with something like "Lucy, I've got to take out your smelly diapers." Then....THE SMILE! It was as if she was laughing at the fact Justin had to take out her crap. It was awesome. I love this girl.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment