So...I haven't been feeling so well since last Wednesday. I've had a sore throat, stuffy head and some chest congestion. I've been taking Sudafed and Tylenol to feel better, but I just haven't been able to kick it. I've been taking naps, drinking water, etc. All the things you're supposed to do to get over a cold. I've been getting hot flashes for weeks now, so i can't tell if I've had a fever. I didn't think so, but who knows. I haven't exactly been myself lately. Well, it turns out it might not be just a cold.
Due to my blood pressure and other issues I will describe more fully in another post, I've been at my doctor's office every day last week and this week (except for the weekend). My doctor has obviously known I'm sick and I've talked to her about what I can/cannot take to feel better. Today she asked if I still had the sore throat. Yep. Still had it. She decided to take a look. Low and behold! I've got crap in my throat. Apparently strep throat has been going around lately and she thinks I have it. She took a culture and the results will be in Monday.
The ironic thing is that if I do have it, by Monday it will probably be mostly over. A normal course of strep runs 10 days to 2 weeks. I've already been sick for 8 days. By Monday, it will be 12 days. She'll probably still give me antibiotics to make sure, but I will have suffered through the worst of it without help. Awesome. Just one more thing to add to the list. The silver lining is that my body will be making strep antibodies that will be transferred to the Berry via breast milk. So, the berry will be protected from me by me! Gotta love mother nature!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment