So....my liver has decided that it doesn't want to function properly anymore, at least not as efficiently as it did before. My liver enzymes and platelet count were a bit off at my last doctor's visit and I've had elevated blood pressure and crazy swelling. (My feet and ankles look pretty ridiculous. Pictures to be posted soon). The doctor thinks its the beginning of pre-eclampsia. If this were 2 months ago, it might be a big deal. But, since I'm already 37 weeks (i.e. full term) it isn't a big deal at all. If it becomes a big deal, they'll just induce me.
I went to the doctor yesterday and my blood pressure was still elevated, but my swelling has gone down. I'm supposed to get the results of the latest round of blood tests later this afternoon. If I've stayed the same, then she'll let me go for another week and another round of blood tests. If they've gotten worse, how much longer she'll let me go depends on how much worse. As of last week, I wasn't even approaching the "concerning" numbers. Hopefully that is the same. The long story short is that I'm on modified bed rest (i.e. working from home on the couch) and this baby is definitely going to be born in May!! I'll keep everyone posted when I learn more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment